Monday, June 11, 2012

Achievements system

It's kind of a late addition to the module: I only had the idea yesterday. I was thinking about what I could do to increase the replayability of Madness&Magic, and that's what I came up with. Just like in NWN 2 or Dragon Age, you can unlock achievements which prove that you've done something special in the game.

So far it's just a cosmetic feature, and I think it's going to stay that way. Unlocking achievements doesn't grant you any bonus - just the bragging rights. Unlike in NWN 2, you don't get any xp either.

I've got six done at the moment, for a grand total of twelve or so at the end. They're going to be mostly humorous or silly things, like this one.

Achievement: Baby rat named after you.
Of course there'll be serious ones, too, and one or two will be extra hard to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment